Friday, July 27, 2012

New Tangle: Sparkool

Sparkool is my newest tangle and a labor of love.  I had been trying to come up with the steps to  this pattern for several months, but just couldn't get it quite right.  It always came out lopsided or it was WAY too many steps.  I would pick it up from time to time and give it a try - but it just wasn't working.  Oh well.  I decided it might be time to move on and so I started working on another pattern, that seemed totally unrelated at first and low and behold it gave me just what I needed to make Sparkool work!  Once I had it, it seemed like it was so easy.  That is the beauty of the tangles.  I thought that maybe this already existed and searched through Tanglepatterns.com to see if anyone else had already come up with it and couldn't find anything.   The first three steps are similar Sadelle Wilthshire's Bandola - the end result is very different.  So here it is.  It has so many variations that can be added to give your tile just what it may need.  




Sparkool
by Lara Williams, CZT






Keep Tangling!

5 comments:

  1. this looks pretty fun. I'll have to go play with it awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, interesting.....I like the one on black the best. Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this looks rather tricky...I like the one with the green. Reminds me of Halloween spider webs. Or honeycombs. Or sunbursts! Definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one. So many variations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! I'm going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete