Friday, April 6, 2012

New Tangle: Koryl

This new to my blog tangle, is actually the first tangle I ever came up with.  I haven't shared it with anyone except at my CZT training when we were all asked to go out and search for patterns and come up with our own tangle.  When I received this challenge I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  When I left the CZT training that night I actually had to go to work.  It was a really ridiculous week for me.  I was in the middle of working on three grant proposals for work and taking the CZT training at the same time.  Lucky for me the CZT training is so inspiring and full of positive energy or I might not have made it through.  Anyway, when I finally got home that night I spied my dish of sea glass and in it was this fossilized piece of coral that I had been wanting to do something with and it struck me - AH HA!  This could be your new tangle.  I had always loved looking at the intricate details of it and now was my chance to put it into my art.  So here for you is my first tangle, Koryl.




Koryl by Lara Williams, CZT



Keep Tangling!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! There's a resemblance to my Lotus Pods, but different of course. I really like the tile sample you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I agree that it does have similar features but I want to assure you I created it in the CZT 1 class before I ever saw Lotus Pods (which I love by the way!) Pretty cool that both were designed on such different things but look so similar.

    ReplyDelete