Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

There are so many things I am thankful for, but I want to take this time to share how thankful I am for zentangle and what it has personally done for me.  I have been tangling for many years now and it has become a staple in my life.  It has seen me through hard times and has brought me back from low places.  It has changed my life and I am so thankful to have this wonderful tool in my life!!  Zentangle is a great gift in my life.  Thank you zentangle and Rick and Maria!!

Most recently my creative mojo seemed to just have picked up and moved on.  There was not one single creative thought in my being and the thought of the holidays and all the gifts and cards I planned to make seemed like a the most overwhelming and hair brained scheme I had ever heard of.  What was I thinking??  Being able to sit down and create was the last thing I felt like doing.  Well I let a week of doing nothing and ignored the creative void and then got my weekly blog update that Laura Harms, The Diva, had posted a new challenge.  It had been a while since I had completed a challenge.  So I challenged myself to just complete the tangle.  That was all I had to do - and from that challenge 48 was completed last week - and it was like the light switch was turned back on and my mojo is back!  The Holiday cards are in full production and here is this week's challenge # 49 - the Red Thread Challenge!!




Now with 4 glorious days off - let the creativity begin!!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!



5 comments:

  1. Your work is so gorgeous and unique. Enjoy your progress with your creativity. No Thanksgiving here in UK but enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tangle! Let us muddle forward. We can make it through the Holiday season, let's do it! We all have dreams and schemes that simply can't be done. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see your mojo is flourishing, lovely job, great contrast. Nice take on Quabog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tangle I often find that when I'm overwhelmed, tangling seems to calm and focus me, so taking the time to tangle actually helps me get more done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back!! Great piece of work it looks as if the red thread is actually been stuck on the card its got a lovely 3d feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete