Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 68: 365 Daily Project - Papier-Mache

Tangle: Athizi

So what do you think about paper clay instead of paper mache?  Works for me!  I had some paper stones I made and haven't gotten to decorate yet that will soon be jewelry so I thought I would decorate one for today's suggestion.  Athizi is a tangle I learned a couple years ago and I love how it looks on rock shapes. The actual stone is about 2 1/2 inches across.  After I tried this tangle on a real rock, I made a necklace out of a paper clay stone I wear all the time and I am surprised by all the compliments I get on it.  I often get questions about it and whether or not it is a shell actually.  Pretty cool.  I painted these stones in a couple subtle colors of lavender, green, blue and grey. It will take a few days to get them finished and turned into necklaces or maybe a bracelet or two.  I promise to share when they are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment