Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mandala Monday...on Tardy Tuesday

I decided this week to combine the Diva's Challenge #69 with the Bright Owl's Zendala Dare #4 I call it "killing two tiles with one tangle."  But from the look of things, I wasn't the only one to do this and here I thought I was being creative and clever.  It was fun.  I hadn't tried out groovy yet.  I think I would like to try it on a larger scale than in the zendala.  I really like the look of it on some of the tiles I saw today - I think you get a lot more movement than in the confined spaces below.  




Keep Tangling!

10 comments:

  1. very nice! the groovy looks good on this mandala. i'm working on mine now also. i like the pattern you used in the 4 half circles around the outside. not familiar with that one - it's really dainty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's sort of a hybrid of scallop and fringe. I just kept adding elements to it till i was happy with it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, it makes a good combination of the two challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a Japanese headpiece for a lovely lady in a kimono and traditional hairdo. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You fit in a lot of groovy in this tile! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the groovy. I haven't tried yet myself, but I plan to. Your tile has lots of interest and details. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete