Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 20: 365 Daily Project - I made it out of clay

Tangles: Baton, Printemps, Cyme, Mumsy variation, with Perfs


Tangling on clay?  Are you kidding!?!  I do it all the time!!  But I want it to be something new and I need to finish it today so....how about a heart?   Hearts seem to be growing on me and when  I saw a post from one of my favorite bloggers Alisa Burke today for new items in her store and she had some super awesome hanging hearts I knew I wanted to try to make my own. If you don't know who she is I suggest you head over to her blog/store and buy one, they sell out pretty fast!    Anyway, so while it's not totally my own original idea, I wanted to try to make my own out of Sculpey and see what happens.  Once I rolled out the clay and baked the heart I colored it with alcohol inks.  They are super awesome and an easy way to color something quickly with little drying time.  Plus it hides all the imperfections that I wasn't able to sand out with the limited time I have to get the project done.  Then using an Identipen, a gold leafing pen and a gold Gelly Roll pen I created my designs.  I still need to seal it and fashion a way to hang it but think its pretty nifty.  See you tomorrow which will rap up 3 weeks of daily projects!

Here's the Heart pre-tangled with just the Alcohol Ink 

No comments:

Post a Comment