Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 11: 365 Daily Project - Other Hand

Tangles: Printemps, Tipple, Bales, Viaduct, Shing
One thing that you learn quickly when posting a project a day based on a suggestion from a book is that you don't always get to post something that, let's say, is your best work.  Today is a good example of that - using my "other hand."  So today I completed the entire ATC tile with my left hand; string, tangles, shading and initials.  The first thing you realize is that you need to slooow down.  It really brings the deliberate strokes to mind as well to try to get the hand to draw what you want it to.  Picking the tangles was a challenge too, they all seemed overwhelming for an untrained hand.  It has been 11 years since I started tangling so that uncertainty was a feeling I was not used to - but I am still having fun.   Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment