Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Challenge 255: Ghosts of Tangles Past


I decided to revisit my first tile for this challenge.  That is going way back!  I started tangling on August 25th 2004.  Rick and Maria presented as the ice breaker for a meeting I was attending and I got hooked instantly.  I numbered my first 5 tiles I created and still have them all today.  I had never tried to recreate my first tile to see how different it would look.  I think my skill has improved a little bit. :-)  This was fun!  

Before and After  11 1/2 years apart!

7 comments:

  1. Your skill has definitely improved, the shading brings out so much more texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your remake tile is certainly more polished than the original one, but you can already see some style in the first one such as the way you have spaced the auras further and further apart on the static.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a first tile, that one is really complicated and I'm filled with admiration but, of course, the second version, almost 3D because of the shading, is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the growth - but you had a head start by having your first experience with Rick and Maria - lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really shows how you have grown into Zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beginning tile is certainly a lot better than many since you had the pros giving you guidance. I can certainly see the confidence level has increased over the years. Nice comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely growth there and how wonderful for you that you were able to learn from Rick and Maria! Your confidence in drawing the strokes and definitely your shading have shown wonderful growth in it. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete