Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 45: 365 Daily Project - Tape it Up



The suggestion to use tape in some way today brought me back to my grade school days.  I remember making decorative vases for my mom for Mother's Day or something similar by putting small ripped pieces of masking tape on an old juice container and then varnishing it with brown shoe polish to create that genuine antique look.  Very classy.  I decided to give a try on a tile.  I covered a tile with ripped up pieces of masking tape and then tried to add some distress ink.  It wasn't drying very quickly so I wiped it off but it did seem to leave a little bit of color.  I then used the different sections as the string and tangled within each section and then added some white for detail.  I do have to say that white gelly roll pens work MARVELOUSLY on masking tape.  It is almost like the pen was made to draw on masking tape.  It's pretty busy but was fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment